Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ok, enough with the spostas

2 hour walk in beautiful 20 degrees Parisian spring afternoon sunshine will do marvels. Enough with the damn bad moods. Moods are for cattle! And enough with the supposed tos. I came here to get away from what I was supposed to do.

Well, I'm not supposed to be a penniless writer. But that's what I am and will be. I need to focus on the writing. Enough of this "must find a job" malarkey. I can afford to stay here until July when my mother and sister come. I'll go back to Sydney then. In the meantime, that's 3 months of focussing on writing my novel, freelance web writing and some travel/videoing. That is, what I came here to do.

I've listened to too many people since I've arrive here. They all say I'm supposed to find a nice desk job, doing what I'm supposed to do: I.T. Well, I'm done with advice. It's (and I.T.'s) not what I want.

I need to remember GeekChill, my geek recipe site. It's my way of staying connected to I.T. and keep my web skills up, or more correctly get them back up as I'm 5 years out of practice.

Just typing this has made me feel better.

No comments: