Monday, November 22, 2004

Again

Got rid of the amazon links to the things I am watching/playing/reading etc...AGAIN. They annoy me, then I wan't to know what I was reading in July, then I realise the links tell me nothing, then I decide to write a program that will tell me and store these things for the sake of prosperity, then I don't bother sitting down and writing the thing as I am too busy watching/playing/reading, then I get bored and realise how boring everything is. I think I need to visit The Seer. Being omnipotent must be the most boring thing ever. The Seer tells a great story of his first (temporal) viewing of The Empire Strikes Back. At the climactic revelation scene, he screamed "Well, duh!". A 12 year old threw his Coke at him, but The Seer was ready with an umbrella. So the kid and a few of his older mates beat The Seer to within an inch of his life. I asked The Seer how one can measure the distance of one's life and why he doesn't use metric, seeing as he's omnipotent and all. He said he could do these things and more as he is omnipotent. I hit him with a spoon.

Which is all besides the point, really. Halo 2 multiplayer takes most of my time at the moment. The single player campaign is about as over hyped as Halo 1's. I wish they had a Story mode where you couldn't die and could kill everything in one shot with unlimited ammunition. It's not that I am bad, I don't have much trouble killing everything that moves, it's that I get sick of moving from room to room on what essentially room clearance. Boring! Eventually, I just start running through rooms ignoring everything. But the game often REQUIRES you to clear every enemy in a room before you can continue. For fucks sake, I just want advance the plot. The multiplayer is the arena for constant killing. But anyway, the multiplayer is great and sucks hours out of you. I especially like killing the dicks who constantly scream "suck my balls" through the communicator. Satisfying. My two favourite games so far (out of 50 or so, see the link above) were

a) the one where I jumped onto the gravity lift on Collossus right after a guy I was chasing, sprayed him with bullets at 100 feet up and finished him off at the apex of my jump (just as he was coming down) with a rifle butt. I actually landed on his dead, twitching body and emptied the rest of my SMG rounds for the hell of it. Satisfying.
b) in the pre game lobby of one session, a bunch of dicks called one of the players a bunch of asinine names based on his handle. He slaughtered the lot of them, winning the 25 kills within the time limit. I looked at the player v player stats at the end and he single handedly mopped the floor with the lot of them. Didn't touch me. Satisfying. I came second, by the way, by sticking to killing everyone else. It is best not to get involved when in gets personal.

No comments: