Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Once I make a decision it is definitely quite possibly maybe final!

Right, that's it! I have decided. The new year will see me move back out into the Real World. Two years back home with the folks to recuperate from the last 3 year venture into the RW is quite enough, thank you very much.

And this time, it will be ALONE! No flat mates, no de-factos, no pets, no dwarves and certainly no Klingons.

Sure, finding a flat to rent (I have maimed, tortured, burnt and buried the idea of making The Bank and The Man rich by attempting home ownership) near where I work will take all my disposable income, my savings, my sanity and my left testicle. But what do I need that for? It is just going to waste down there anyway, given my current relationship status. Good ridance to it, I say. It has only held me back.

And you read it all here first! Aren't you glad you read this blog? The passion, the excitement and the drama that is typically only found on day time soap operas. The humanity. The human condition writ large in justified verdana size 11. Or 10. Or whatever it is, it isn't the type that counts, it's the typing. And the computer. That counts.

So ladies, be prepared for Chas 2005. There is a psychological theory that states that the further a man is from maternal care, the more attractive he is. I affirmed that theory the last time I left home, and intend to do some in depth further study. I'll have a job, my own place, independence, I find myself funny when drunk and boring when sober and I'll only have one testicle. What more could you want? Apart from two testicles, that is?

3 comments:

Gemnastics said...

It seems that everyone is uprooting and swinging into change mode this year. Yes I say, move out, get laid, gung ho, by jove.

Gemnastics said...

It seems that everyone is uprooting and swinging into change mode this year. Yes I say, move out, get laid, gung ho, by jove.

Chas said...

Perhaps it is the turning of the seasons, or Taurus rising in Virgo or the Cusp of The Year of The Turnip. Who can say? Would WOULD say?

Not to be rude, but I pretty sure Jove has nothing to do with it. The worship of that hack is long gone, my friend, long gone by Toutatis.