Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Bereft of Anything Interesting To Say

Which makes the running tally at 27 years and counting.

I will be buying the new iMac. I have been slaving away at my faithful 2001 era iBook, but it won't run Garage Band or iMovie as well as I would like and my creative juices have been neglected as a result. There was a time where I edited at least one short clip of random crap to music every couple of weeks. I miss it. My short film "Star Wars Pewter Figurines with Lightsabers Versus Star Wars Pewter Figurines with Blasters" was a hit amongst my clique. I have wanted to edit some Iraq footage to Guns 'N Roses' Civil War for a year now. I have played around with creating my own music in the past also, and found it massive fun, but haven't had the setup needed. Apple has the setup ready out of the box. Hail to them. Hail to Jobs. Hail. Or at least some rain would be nice.

The ideas for Prawns Of The Nutworld are coming thick and fast now. Here is part of an email to a fellow contributor to the story:

The Prawns Of The Nut World Episode I: The Pistachio Of The WaterWorld
(where German Chan, our Prawn Hero, discovers the world of Nuts exists
when he encounters a Pistachio refugee in disguise as an Oyster)

TPOTNW Ep II: Raisin D'Etre (where German Chan heads to the Nut world
and enlists in the French Foreign Legion where he encounters a bitter
ex-grape who gives his life to help German make a difficult decision)

TPOTNW Ep III: The Bitter End of Paw Paw Sayeed. (Having escaped the
French Foreign Legion with help from Raisin's sacrifice, German
encounters the harsh realities of the Nut world when fellow escapee, the
Muslim Paw Paw Sayeed, is captured and sentenced to death as a
terrorist)


I see much potential for the young German Chan and his exploits.

And lastly, Phaedrus of the excellent Idle Process piped in about the relocation, only to have his comment lost in the mail (actually, thanks to a typo at one point of the relocation, it ended up at http://zoocity.blogspot.com!!!). Here is his comment:
WTF??? No massive, splashy redesign? No special offers for free trials where we'll promise not to spam you if you only provide your e-mail address and credit card number? No dramatic first post proclaiming the utter inferiority of your last host and the unending halcyon days of the new?

I'm disappointed.
It is disappointing, I agree. But I already have your credit card number, email address and grandmother's preference for trashy womens' magazines.


No comments: