Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Greatest Guiltiest Pleasuring News Of All

The Last Starfighter, the guiltiest of the guiltiest guilty pleasures there is, the 1984 movie about how important it is to be good at playing video games has been made into a musical.

Now, if they would only release it on DVD (if they haven't already) along with Electric Dreams and Popeye, my childhood, my ENTIRE childhood nostalgia DVD collection will be complete.

And for the incredibly embarrassing record, here are the movies that I LOVED when I was a wee todger, that I guarantee there are few who would admit to:

1) Electric Dreams
2) Popeye
3) Last Starfighter
4) The Pirate Movie
5) Tron

Only the last two do I have on DVD. I need the others for my life to be complete. Just to go against my post below about expectations and contentment, I WILL NOT BE CONTENT or whole until I have the other three on my shelf.

3 comments:

Eric B. said...

To this day, I still love to watch Yogi Bear reruns. People scoff and call me dirty, creepy, maniacal -- whatever. Yogi's simplicity and Ranger Smith's neuroses make for a delightfully harmonious dichotomy.

Just don't get me started on Boo-boo. What a whiney little b-stard.

Erin said...

hmm..

Chas, wondering... Do you know the movie the Peanut Butter Solution??
Or theres another one, I think it's called The Navigator...??

These two I want on DVD ...

...albeit, I've got them on Beta =S

Chas said...

Beta?!??!? The mind boggles.

I have not heard of the Peanut Butter movie.

The Navigator...hmmm, there was a movie about some people from Bubonic Plague times who fall through a hole and end up in modern day Wellington or Auckland called that.

There was also a movie called Flight Of The Navigator about a kid who inherits some kind of space ship thing...that movie should be on my list above. I saw that movie at a cinema that is a block of flats now. I LOVED IT. Even though, I remember very little about it.

6) Flight Of The Navigator
7) Poltergeist.