Friday, September 03, 2004

Dreams in Clouds

I walk into the Accounts department. R, A and R are there. They are co-workers and good friends. They say in unison, "Chas, we have a surprise for you", smiles in their eyes, "Come downstairs". I follow them down to the bottom floor, confused and somewhat apprehensive. This is not like them. This is not in my comfort-zone.

When I reach the bottom floor there are men in white. Holding a straitjacket. I have been committed! I find myself in a padded room.


The dream then shifts into emotion-only mode, which is so commonly the case with me. Visualisation is not my strong suit. Fear, determination and escape. The mood of a thousand prison-escape and sanatorium movies washes over me. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, 12 Monkeys and Midnight Express.

Dreaming is a sign that you have slept enough. The deep cycle, which is the only important stage of sleep, is complete. The Rapid Eye Movement cycle, during which we dream, is the mind ticking over the seconds waiting for the right time to enter the new day.I wake up, which is annoying as I love dreaming, but if one is dreaming of being committed by co-workers, waking up is probably a good thing. Or a sign that I need more sleep.

This has cheered an already cheery mood. Oldies, but goodies.

No comments: